Opinions, suggestions, recommendations or ideas found on our site are applied at your own risk.
Hardware (vs. Software) is simply
something you can touch, i.e., you can physically kick hardware :-)
But please don't, it will not resolve any problems.
- Also see our newsletter index for a variety of miscellaneous subjects.
- Connections (physical and other)
Cooling system clean out
- Laptops and mini/slim towers tend to trap lint quickly...
Common Bios setting keys
- Need to get into the Bios settings? Here's how
Control Panel hints
- Where to find almost all information and settings
- Where to look when certain hardware does not work properly...
- Driver updates? - See Windows Updates
- Hard drives (this is where your data is stored)
How much do you have
- Find out how much memory and disk space you have
- Various common issues with printers
- Computer not starting? Try reseating the RAM...
- Wireless or not...
- USB power saving settings can cause problems. See power settings.
- UPS - uninterruptible power supplies